We often read about strict diet plans, regular exercises when it comes to losing weight and you must have often read about some food items that help in losing weight like carrots, bananas, peppers etc., but did you know that nuts can help you for weight loss? This extra weight, a lot of people have always thought that nuts are rich in fatty acids and thus tend to stay away from them, but now you have reason to rejoice, as studies have proven that almonds are a great tonic that helps reduce weight.
Almonds contain good fats:
The first and most important benefits of almonds is that they are rich in fatty acids such as omega-9, omega-6 and omega-3, all of which are healthy fats that are required and beneficial to our body, unlike saturated fats and trans fats, which are found in fast and unprocessed foods that lead to various cardiovascular diseases. Like heart blockage and stroke, almonds contain unsaturated fats and these fats help prevent cardiovascular disease as it stabilizes blood sugar levels and builds up good cholesterol in the arteries.
Almonds contain fiber:
Almond skin contains a high amount of dietary fiber, which helps in proper digestion of food and healthy bowel movement. They are deposited in our body, which leads to excess weight gain and therefore in order to get the best results, you should consume whole almonds with the proper peel.
Almonds contain good fats:
One of the benefits of almonds is that they are the best snack to be eaten between meals. Almonds contain a high amount of monounsaturated fat, protein and fiber that contribute to a feeling of satiety, so always make sure to eat raw and whole almonds, instead of salted or processed almonds. Because it contains excessive salts that increase the level of sodium in the blood.
Almonds reduce belly fat:
If you want to reduce belly fat, you should include almonds in your diet. The benefits of almonds include a high percentage of protein that helps in developing lean muscle mass. Monounsaturated fats maintain and reduce BMI and target fat stored in the abdominal area, thus It reduces belly fat.
Almonds are full of nutrients:
Almonds are full of nutrients like magnesium and vitamin E, which is an antioxidant. Magnesium helps maintain blood sugar levels and reduces food cravings by keeping us full. This in turn helps maintain body weight and during exercise, you build mass. Your Muscles Magnesium is an excellent source of energy and helps build muscle mass during workouts and Vitamin E an antioxidant increases blood flow allowing muscles to contract more easily.
Here are some interesting ways on how to eat almonds for weight loss:
- Keep a box of roasted almonds in your office or college bag, and keep it whenever you feel hungry and you can eat a handful of them as they are the best snack for weight loss.
- Add almonds to your breakfast that will keep you satiated until lunchtime and you can sprinkle chopped almonds on your oats or cereal.
- Mix chopped almonds with yogurt and sprinkle your favorite spices. It is good that almonds are full of protein and good bacteria, which keeps the digestive system healthy and also helps in weight loss.
- You can add chopped almonds to pasta or salad, it will make it heavy, so you can eat less food and be able to satisfy your hunger.
- Add almonds to your favorite ice cream or chocolate and enjoy a different taste as including almonds in your daily diet along with proper exercise makes losing weight a dream possible.