There are multiple dog breeds, and each has different characteristics, characteristics, and care methods than the other, so you must take these factors into consideration, because raising a pet is a difficult process and needs attention and care just like a small child, so to help you with that, we decided to collect for you in this report more Information about dogs and the best home breeds and how to take care of them .
Information about dogs
We will provide you with wonderful information about dogs, some of which you may know for the first time in your life, including the following:
- Dogs perform many useful tasks for humans including hunting, farm work and security as well as helping people with disabilities such as the blind .
- There are hundreds of different dog breeds, examples of these breeds include: Bulldog, German Shepherd, Collie, Golden Retriever, Saint Bernard, Greyhound, Bloodhound, Chihuahua, Labrador, Great Dane, Rottweiler, Boxer and Cocker Spaniel, and many more.
- The most popular dog breed in the world by registered ownership is the Labrador. With their gentle, obedient nature, intelligence and almost unlimited energy, Labradors are excellent family pets and reliable workers, often assisting the police and are a popular choice as guide dogs .
- Dogs have formed such a strong bond as domestic, worker, and human companions that they have earned the nickname “Man’s Best Friend . ”
- Humans help train different dog breeds to enter competitions such as breed shows, agility and obedience competitions, racing and sled pulling .
- Dogs have a higher hearing ability than humans, as they are able to hear sounds four times the distance .
- Dogs have a wonderful sense of smell, they are able to distinguish between smells at concentrations approximately 100 million times lower than what humans can do .
- The average life span of a dog is about 10 to 14 years .
- Domestic dogs are omnivores, they feed on a variety of foods including grains, vegetables and meat, not just grains as some think.
- Dogs smell the diseases of their owners, so if you have cancer or diabetes, your dog may be the first to know, studies have shown that dogs can be trained to smell cancers of the lung, breast, skin, bladder and prostate, and researchers suspect that canines pick up unusually faint odors that emanate from cells abnormal.
- Dogs can be as smart as two-year-olds, according to research presented in 2009 at a meeting of the American Psychological Association. Border Collie are among the best dogs in the intelligence category, and some in the breed are capable of understanding up to 200 words. German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, and Dobermanns are among the smartest dog breeds.
Types of domestic dogs
Dogs can teach children responsibility, compassion and cooperation, so before you own any puppy, it is always a good idea to research the best dog breeds for your children and lifestyle. Some dogs work better as playmates for older children, while others have gentle spirits and patience and are more suited to For the little ones.
These breeds are best for families:
1 . Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Combining compact size, liveliness and fun, Cavaliers get along with just about everyone they meet, including kids and other dogs.
2 . golden retriever
It is one of the best domestic dogs, because it is very entertaining and loving to the family and children, so if you are thinking of having a large dog in your home, while maintaining the family and not being worried about the presence of a dog, this is your best choice.
3 . bulldog
The cute pouting bulldog is a wonderful companion for children, these loyal dogs can adapt to most family, home and even the city or country you live in, and are happy to spend time with families.
Although it is strange and sometimes has suspicious behavior, but in the end it is very funny. The Beagle is one of the most suitable dogs for the family, because it is small in size and possesses a type of supernatural intelligence, which makes dealing with it easy and fast, in addition to its great love for children.
- Yorkshire terrier
Although Yorkshire terriers have a small size, they have a high percentage of self-confidence, and they are characterized by strength and stubbornness, and they are distinguished by their attractive and distinctive shape, which prompts many dog breeders to raise them at home, and these dogs prefer to be pampered by its owner.
This dog manages to win everyone’s hearts, quickly twists its face, makes its way to the hearts of men, women and even children, to whom this dog seems to have a special connection. In a lot of dogs.
- Brussels Griffon
The griffon is a smart and effective dog, one of the most popular domestic dogs in Europe and the United States, due to its small size and great love for children, in addition to its calmness and serenity at home, in case you are given some opportunities to burn energy outside.
Newfoundland dogs have intelligence and loyalty, and these are two of his most famous traits, in addition to being able and willing to help his owner and his family always in performing his necessary tasks in leadership, and also have the intelligence to act on his own responsibility when rescue work requires it.
- French Bulldog
The French Bulldog is one of the most popular small dog breeds in the world, the simple and adaptable breed is great for new families and responds well to training.
The Collie is legendary for its herding skills. They are strong, loyal, affectionate, responsive and quick. The Collie is best suited to an active family because they are high energy and love to move.
Dogs need more care, just like a small child, he needs you time and attention to keep his health and his life for as long as possible, and live happily and healthy, and among the most important tasks that you have to take care of when acquiring a dog, are the following:
It is known that the dog’s teeth are the most vulnerable part of the injury, due to their love for chewing and picking up hard things, especially if there is a daily routine for the dog outside the house, so you should clean your dog’s teeth on a permanent and daily basis, to get rid of food remnants and stuck things.
Of course, it is necessary to use a dedicated toothbrush and toothpaste for dogs, and there are many commercial types in the market, so you have to research well and find out the most appropriate type for your dog, its type and age.
You must trim, trim and clean your dog’s nails periodically, in order to maintain his health and cleanliness, but be careful and avoid that you trim his nails incorrectly.
The correct way is to trim the hind limb nails first, as they are shorter and easier, and avoid cutting the nail bed so as not to cause the dog to bleed.
- Take a shower
Keep your dog clean periodically, unlike cats, dogs do not clean themselves automatically, and need extra care and attention, to keep them from insects and fleas, especially in the summer months.
Therefore, bathe your dog at least once a month, as dogs do not need to bathe a lot, so that they can keep the moisturizing oils in their fur, but if your dog is exposed to a lot of dirt, of course you should bathe him if necessary, taking into account the temperature of the air, and water.
- Combing the fur:
Periodic combing of the dog’s fur is the best thing you can offer him, especially if it is one of the breeds that has thick and fine hair, in order to prevent confusion and clash, in addition to protecting against damage from parasites and insects that live inside the fur.
You must give your dog the necessary vaccinations, serums, and vaccines for prevention, on time, such as tuberculosis, rabies, and Lyme disease.
- Periodic examination:
Do a periodic examination of the dog’s droppings, to make sure that there are no intestinal parasites, or worms, but if you find your dog infected with one of them, you must show him to the doctor, and give him the necessary treatment.
- Continuous medical examination:
Continuous medical examination of your dog will keep you from getting heartworm, a disease transmitted between dogs, due to mosquito bites. .